SOCIAL PROJECT “LIDMANIA’2015″
Lidmania.com and EcoEthno.co.uk, invite all London nursery, primary and secondary school pupils to spend their time in a beneficial and environmentally friendly way. All pupils and teachers are invited to participate in an international competition “Lidmania’2015″ by collecting plastic (HDPE) lids.
I. Aims of competition
1. To develop the sense of responsibility of the younger generation, draw attention to a sore problem concerning littering in London, foster “green” thinking, creativity and teamwork.
2. To encourage educational institutions to organize events and other actions dealing with issues of ecology, litter sorting, and clean environment.
3. To encourage the representatives of the younger generation spend their summer holidays in an environmentally friendly way.
1. Any London school, community or several proactive students may participate in the competition.
2. All those willing to take part in the competition, must register for participation until March 1st, 2015. Click here for the instructions. As an alternative, the registration may be done by email email@example.com providing the following information:
a) Name of institution/team
b) Name, surname, phone number and email address of a responsible teacher/team leader.
c) Address of institution/team.
d) The age group to which the artwork should be assigned.
e) Names and surnames of participants to whom the Certificate of appreciation should be given.
All the teams that fill in the registration form, will receive an email confirming their registration.
3. Only registered teams will be eligible to receive the prizes.
III. Duration and deadlines of competition
1. The competition starts on March 1st, 2015.
2. The competition ends on June 10 th, 2015.
3. The presentation and exhibition of collected lids and created artworks will take place in your premises on June 10-14 prior to agreement of arrival and pick-up times.
4. If the location of the participating team is not in London, the lids and/or the artwork should be delivered to a specific place in London. The place and time will be specified by May 10th for all the participating teams.
5. The winner awarding ceremony and opening of the artwork exhibition will take place on June 17th, 2015. The place will be announced by May 10th.
6. The artworks will be exhibited from June 17th to June 22nd, 2015.
IV. Competition course and procedures
1. All participants collect various plastic lids (from plastic bottles, Tetra Packs, etc. (HDPE)) until the end of the competition.
2. All lids collected and submitted for the competition must be clean and dry.
3. All collected lids will be weighed and three teams with the largest amount of lids will be announced to receive the main prizes. All the participating teams will receive diplomas, certificates of appreciation and consolation prizes. The prize fund is 2000 pounds (GBP).
4. All collected lids submitted for the competition will be delivered for recycling.
V. The artworks from plastic lids
1. Any team willing to participate in the artwork competition must produce one work of art (min 20×20 cm, max 100×100 cm) out of collected plastic lids. The artwork should be firm, stand vertically or be hung on a wall.
2. All artworks should have their metrics, i.e. there should be a paper note glued to an artwork (3×10 cm) stating the name of an artwork, name of team and age group.
3. The selected best artworks will be assessed and exhibited in an exhibition centre.
4. The pictures of artworks will be published on “Lidmania” Facebook page and www.lidmania.com.
5. The artworks will not be returned to its authors.
6. The detailed list of main prizes and consolation prizes will be sent until May 10th, 2015 to all registered teams, and announced on www.lidmania.com.
VI. The assessment criteria for artworks made of plastic lids
1. The initial selection of artworks will be performed by a team of 3-4 representatives of EcoEthno.co.uk.
2. The artworks selected for the exhibition will be assessed by a jury of 3-4 persons including well-known artists and other famous people.
3. All the artworks will be assessed according to the following assessment criteria set by the jury:
a. The creative conveyance of the competition‘s main idea.
b. Overall aesthetic view of an artwork, harmony and balance between the artwork elements.
4. All artworks will be assessed and awarded according to the different age groups:
a. 1st group – 0-6 years (preschool children)
b. 2nd group – 7-11 years (primary school pupils)
c. 3rd group – 11-15 years (5th – 9th grade students)
d. 4th group – 15-18 years (10th – 12th grade students)
VII. Copyright and the use of artworks
1 Every participant of the competition agrees that his/her artwork may be used for non-commercial purposes by the competition organisers and sponsors, providing the information about the author.
2. EcoEthno.co.uk has the right to transfer the artworks for exhibition or other purposes to the competition sponsors and other organisations.
VIII. Competition organisers and persons responsible
Birute Jakucionyte, Phone: 07415659967, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
IX. The organisers reserve the right to change the rules and conditions of participation.